Achieving results through a high performing team of people starts with clearly defined and communicated benchmarks that guarantee accountability and fit. Benchmarks are more than just a fancy name for job descriptions. Most job descriptions are little more than a vague task list. We work with business leaders to clarify their organization design and develop robust role benchmarks that include two elements:
- The Key Accountabilities that define what superior performance is in clear, measurable terms. Key accountabilities convey the 5-7 responsibilities that the employee has ownership for, prioritizes them in terms of importance, and estimates time allocations. The test of key accountabilities is that if the employee does nothing else, you would be satisfied.
- The competencies that are required for success given the roles key accountabilities. We use a proprietary online assessment tool that queries the stakeholders to ascertain what behaviors values and attributes are truly required for the specific job or role.
Once developed, benchmarks are used for:
- Performance management and development
- Transforming functions by clearly identifying new expectations
- Alignment within and between teams
Use the resources on this page to learn more. Then download the key accountabilities
worksheet document to begin crafting a key role in your organization, and use the form to the right to request a complimentary benchmark assessment.